Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Match Cities Using Fuzzy Match

ScottC1
5 - Atom

I am new to Alteryx and I am trying to get a handle on fuzzy matching. I have made a small example of what I am trying to do and attached it. I am trying to build a fuzzy match that can pick out all sorts of different ways to write a city name. For example, I have a master file with CITY OF LETHBRIDGE. And I have a data table with hundreds of rows and they all have different ways of referencing the city. I can get it to match City of Lethbridge with Cty. Of Lethbridge and City o. Lethbridge but I cannot figure out how to get Lethbridge or Lethbrige to match with CITY OF LETHBRIDGE.

Can anyone provide some advice on the various options in fuzzy match?

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
derekbelyea
12 - Quasar

By dropping the match threshold to 50% and filtering the results for RecID Master = 1 you get this result:

2018-02-15_00067.png

ScottC1
5 - Atom

Thanks for your reply. My issue comes when it gets more complex. For example I updated my "Lethbridge File" to contain info for Calgary now as well. So what I would need is for all the ones relating to Calgary to match with City of Calgary and Lethbridge to match with City of Lethbridge. I'm not sure how I could modify this to do that? Thanks again! 

derekbelyea
12 - Quasar

Have a look at this.  I added some messy data that matches to Calgary.

2018-02-15_00071.png

Labels