Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Mass change unique values into specific cells

AaronSmatta
8 - Asteroid

Hi Everyone,

I have a problem where I added a new row for each of the 50 states and the new row essentially duplicated the last row of the state. I was wondering if there is an efficient way to replace the value in a specific column of the new row. The values I want to use to replace are specific to each state. Currently I am using the Formula tool and manually typing 50 IF THEN statements to change the value in the new row. I feel like there has to be a better way because if data to each state changes, then the formulas would all have to change. Any help will be much appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Best,

Aaron

6 REPLIES 6
Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@AaronSmatta 
Sounds like a very interesting one.
Can you share some of your input data?

AaronSmatta
8 - Asteroid

Hi @Qiu,

Please see attached for the example Input Data similar to my situation. In the attachment you will see that there is a duplicate jurisdiction row for each state. I would like to change the value of the duplicate 'Jurisdiction' to '[State Code] payment' (For example, in CA I would like the second 'Jurisdiction' to be 'CA payment') and for the duplicate 'Estimates' to a state specific unique value. Hope this helps.

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

And to join the state specific unique value - use a join which matches state...

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

I tried an aproach to be more dynamic with lookup table for the 'state specific unique value'.

0618-aarontan.PNG

AaronSmatta
8 - Asteroid

Thank you @Qiu 

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@AaronSmatta 
Glad to help and thank you for the accept mark.

Labels