Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Masking join key in Alteryx to reduce key length

Trailduck
7 - Meteor

Hi

In my Alteryx flow I have a lot of long join keys (typically combinations of multiple fields). Previously in Qlik I've been using the function autonumber which generates an ID per combination of fields (https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/February2022/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/Scripting/CounterFun...).

Is there any function like this in Alteryx? I've tried MD5 hashing the join key, but 32 characters is still very long for 500M+ rows.

Example:

Row 1:

DATE + NAME + CATEGORY + SUB-CATEGORY = 1

Row 2:

DATE + NAME + CATEGORY + SUB-CATEGORY = 2

3 REPLIES 3
messi007
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

@Trailduck,

You can use charToInt to convert the MD5 to integer.

Please see below :

messi007_1-1650972335514.png

Attached the workflow,

Regards,

LogoPrime.png

MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@Trailduck ,

@TonyaS  will be happy to see this solution post. I recommend that you explore AMP for your workflow.  You'll want to use a current version of amp.  

in your runtime configuration, turn AMP on.  Compare the final results. Look for performance gains.  The join will automatically run faster. No need to tune it. 

cheers,

mark

Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
TonyaS
Alteryx
Alteryx
Labels