Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Marking Records to Remove

david_rogers
7 - Meteor
I daily receive a list of companies.  Some of these need to be removed if they have certain words in them, like the word "Overland".  My list is about 75 words long. Is there is a way to put this list into a table and then have a Macro (...or something) mark a field if any of those words appear in my "Company" field?  So, if "Overland Country Store" or "Meadow Overland Store" were in the field another field would have "Review for removal" in it.  I could do a IF THEN ELSE ENDIF or even a SWITCH but there has to be a better way.  I really want a separate field to be marked "Review for removal" if any one of the words appear for me to look at later. 

Any samples?
Or a good URL to goto.
3 REPLIES 3
kane_glendenning
10 - Fireball
Hi David,

You can use the Find/Replace Tool for this. At first, it doesn't seem like what you are after but if you look at the Configuration of the field, you can actually Append a field if the text is found.

So in the following simplified Module:
  • The top input is the data (In this example, one column called DataToSearch containing Monday-Sunday x3).
  • The bottom input is the Lookup Table (in this example, one column called Lookup containing "Monday", "Friday").
  • The Formula Tool just makes a field called "Check".

Below is the configuration of the Find/Replace Tool and the Output that I then get from my Browse tool:

The way I understand your Issue, this should be what you are looking for. Let me know if it needs further explanation.

Kane
david_rogers
7 - Meteor
Wow...excellent!  Works better than expected.  Many thanks.
tom_dup_567
7 - Meteor

Kane,  can you repost the configuration of the Find/Replace Tool, the links to the images are broken,  thanks.

Labels