Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Mapping to multiple excel templates

zanjam
7 - Meteor

Hello

I have a master file which has data for X number of individuals. Per individual, I need to map their respective data to 6 different excel templates (not all the same schema). What I have managed to do is output each individuals data separately into a directory. I have then mapped one individuals data to the different excel templates but this is limiting because it's one workflow per individual per excel template. When I try to do a batch macro to run through all the individuals in the directory, it doesn't iterate past the first individual. Not sure if anyone has come across this or has any ideas?

Ideally, I wanted to run a batch macro over the master file to generate the 6 templates per individual and also combine the 6 templates per individual into separate excel workbooks.

Many thanks

3 REPLIES 3
JoeS
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @zanjam

Could you upload your batch macro?

Sometimes you need to have an output from the batch macro attached to a browse tool in order for it to batch/loop through all the options. It could potentially be this bit that is missing.

zanjam
7 - Meteor

Hey @JoeS

I've created simplified dummy data and uploaded the following:

1. "dummy_data" which represents one individuals data in the directory

2. Profile workflow and macro - this is for one of the excel templates but it only iterates over one individual

3. Child workflow and macro - this is for another excel template but again it only iterates over one individual

4. "dummy_data2" represents data for two individuals but I haven't split it out (matches master file format)

My initial thoughts were to split individuals by unique ID and output to a directory. Then run each batch macro for each type of excel template (6 in total) and iterate over all the individuals in the directory.

Ideally a workflow that absorbs the master file and splits out all the necessary templates per individual would be awesome but let me know what you see

Many thanks!

ddiesel
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

Hi @zanjam!

Please let us know if this question is answered as part of this post:

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/Output-data-into-excel-template-header...

After reading this question, I'm not sure if creating a file for each employee is necessary. The workflow in the other post could be slightly modified to accept the data source containing all employees data. You would just need to replace the directory tool with an input tool and create the file name with a formula.

Labels