Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

MapServer Error - Can't view spatial objects using browse tool

TomR
5 - Atom

Hello all,

I have recently downloaded Alteryx on a new machine and I am encountering this error message when I try to view spatial objects using a browse tool:

"MapServer Error: Parsing error near (~):(line 3)"

The same message appears if I use the MapInput tool or load any data in. The browse tool works fine for everything else. I have read previously that it could be due to firewall protection, however I have disabled this for the Alteryx app and the error is still happening. I have also uninstalled and re-downloaded Alteryx but that hasn't worked either.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

Does it let you change the base map as seen here:

BrandonB_0-1626241622581.png

Also have you tried going to Options -> User Settings -> Edit user settings? You should be able to change the default Reference Base Map from the "Dataset Defaults" tab. Hopefully this fixes things for you! If not I would suggest sending an email over to support@alteryx.com. It may be that something didn't install correctly and Support might need to assist in clearing out some files that didn't completely delete on reinstall. 

Labels