Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Map tools

Inactive User
Not applicable

What are the available tools out there if I want to add more metadata around a set of points, a centroid, or trade areas? I want to see what the alternative is if I were to only stick with formula tools for line connecting. Thanks!

10 REPLIES 10
PhilipMannering
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

The spatial info tool will give you lots of information about spatial data including the following,

PhilipMannering_0-1605775377594.png

Inactive User
Not applicable

You mean spatial process? I only see it on intersecting of polygons (https://help.alteryx.com/current/designer/spatial-process-tool) however not sure how it adds to more metadata

PhilipMannering
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

No, I mean this tool,

PhilipMannering_0-1605775456631.png

Inactive User
Not applicable

Would anyone use a spatial match or a spatial process if they wanted to get more metadata like distances and paths? 

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @Inactive User 

So spatial match work like join tool.

Spatial process is used to cut object 1 from object 2 vise versa.

PhilipMannering
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

I'm not really sure what you mean by metadata. The Spatial Process will create an additional spatial object by combining two spatial objects together in some way. The spatial match separates records based on spatial criteria (like do points fall within a area)

Inactive User
Not applicable

Can we use the spatial match and spatial process together? Are there any examples you may have? Thanks

PhilipMannering
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Can you use them in the same workflow? Sure. I'll try and find an example.

PhilipMannering
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hi @Inactive User 

Please see attached a workflow that uses a lot of spatial tools. I hope you find this example useful..

Labels