Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Map Report Title Automation

benaikins
7 - Meteor

Hello Alteryx Community,

I am generating over 1000 map reports for Stores(Each store has one map), On the Map title side, I have to show some information that would change for each stores that is being rendered. I equally have fields in one of my layers that contain these information to be shown on the map header, I want to Automate this so that each time a particular store is being rendered, it will pick it corresponding information from the various fields in the data and Display on the header. I have shown a sample in the image below. ..Any help or idea would be greatly appreciated. ThanksAutomate Report Header Title.png

4 REPLIES 4
CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi again @benaikins 

I've added onto my solution from yesterday's post to show how the header can be added to the map. You'll notice that I made a few changes to the Open store input so that a table of stores could more easily be fed into this workflow. 

Check it out and let me know if you have any questions.

20200313-ReportMap3.PNG

benaikins
7 - Meteor

This was great @CharlieS , however the challenge is that I want to render the map one trade area at a time as I have 1300 trade areas to deal with, I have already in the data side of the report map configuration specified the group field on the trade area , So i expect that on the rendering side I just tick the group data into separate records, and I select group it should go ahead to give maps for each trade area(1300 maps). But this does not happen, it rather throws and error saying that the grouping filed cannot be empty on the rendering side, even I have indicated "Group".  

CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi again @benaikins 

I've updated the workflow to show how to produce grouped records throughout this process by adding a second location to the "Open Stores" input. 

- In the "Data" tab of the Report Map tool, configure the "Grouping Field" for any inputs that will need to be grouped. The Inputs without a setting here will appear on every map.

- I had to split the legend records a little differently for multiple groupings. I used a Tile tool and filters to achieve this. 

- Note that most of the Layout tools are set to "Each Record" rather than grouping. This is advantageous when multiple layout fields are still in use. This is why I use Join/Join Multiple tools in the workflow, so that each "Group" is always 1 record. 

benaikins
7 - Meteor

Thanks  @CharlieS ...For Your time and Help, it means a lot

Labels