community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alteryx designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.
#SANTALYTICS

The highly anticipated Alteryx Community tradition is back! We hope you'll join us!

Learn More

Map Projections

Asteroid

Can I create and/or visualize different map projections (i.e. Conformal Projection (United States), Azimuthal Systems, etc.)  in Alteryx?

Asteroid
Thank you, that will be helpful.

Derreck Shaw
Associate, Research

Welltower Inc.
4500 Dorr Street
Toledo, Ohio 43615-4040
419.247.5684(o)
567.686.6209 (m)
dshaw@welltower.com

Note our new stock ticker | NYSE: WELL Follow Us

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
The information contained in this e-mail is privileged and confidential information intended only for the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any viewing, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this e-mail message is strictly prohibited. If you have received and/or are viewing this e-mail in error, please immediately notify the sender by reply e-mail, and delete this e-mail from your system

Disclaimer

The information contained in this communication from the sender is confidential. It is intended solely for use by the recipient and others authorized to receive it. If you are not the recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking action in relation of the contents of this information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.

This email has been scanned for viruses and malware, and may have been automatically archived by Mimecast Ltd, an innovator in Software as a Service (SaaS) for business. Providing a safer and more useful place for your human generated data. Specializing in; Security, archiving and compliance. To find out more visit the Mimecast website.
Alteryx Certified Partner

I'm not certain about using different maps projections within Alteryx, but you can export spatial data with different projections. I'm still looking to see if different map projections can be used in other ways (like in the report map tool). I'll let you know if I find anything.

exampleprojection1.PNG

Assuming you can use extensions, then I expanded my AlterD3 to handle Geo Projections.

You need to have both CReW macros and AlterD3 installed.

The attached workflow plots the US states on an Azimuthal Equidistant Projection

2019-01-04_20-21-56.jpg

The projection can be easily altered by adjusting the JavaScript - happy to set up specific ones if that would help.

Asteroid

First of all, thank you for your response.  Much appreciated.  

Which version of Alteryx are you running?  I am running 2018.3.4.51585; Is there anyway you can create it for 2018.3?

I have Crew Macros.

Is the AlterD3 part of the Crew Macros?

One of the specific projections I like to use is Lambert  Azimuthal Equal Area (100W, 45N, Rane 180) [ESPG: 2163]

Thanks,

Derreck

AlterD3 is a custom tool I created for the HTML tool contest. It should work in 2018.3.

https://github.com/jdunkerley/AlterD3/releases/download/v1.1/AlterD3_1.1.0.yxi

When you install it you should get a new tool under reporting.

The attached workflow should work to prove it out.

Will set up a specific dem with the Lambert projection

Updated with US Centric plot.

Source data at: http://eric.clst.org/assets/wiki/uploads/Stuff/gz_2010_us_040_00_5m.json

Asteroid

I am getting the following two errors:

Error: Input Data (12): File not found "C:\Users\jdunkerley.SCOTT\Downloads\gz_2010_us_040_00_5m.json"

--here I assume I can put in my mapping/spatial file?  Is this a census json file?

Error: Alter D3 (6): Tool #58: Cannot access the folder C:\Temp\.

--Unsure about this error.

Please advise.  Thanks.

I had left the AlterD3 tool writing a debug file to C:\Temp - I have turned this off now.

The JSON was just a download from a webpage. Have extended the workflow to download it now.

New sample attached.

Labels