Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Managing Saved Data Connection

mreinsch
7 - Meteor

They recently migrated our SQL Server. This ended up breaking my saved connection to that SQL Server. The one I was using was a System connection. It won't let me edit the System Connection. I created a User Connection to try and fix the issue. It did not work. Does anyone know how I can edit the system connection?

2 REPLIES 2
danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @mreinsch 

You should be able to edit your system data source by going into Control Panel/Data Sources (ODBC) and checking the System DSN Tab.  At least that's how it works on my Window 7 machine at work.  I think that it's still the same in Windows 10. 

Dan

BrianR
Alteryx
Alteryx

@mreinsch, when you hover your mouse to the right of that entry, pretty much where that line you added to the picture is, do you see the pencil icon? That would allow you to edit it...if not, try running Alteryx Designer as Administrator (right-click on Designer, choose Run As Administrator) and see if that helps...this may require additional rights on your machine, but worth a try to see if that will allow you to edit it.

Labels