Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Managing Licenses

Xr
5 - Atom

Hello Everyone, 

Having an issue installing Designer on my Parallels VM. Before switching to Parallels, I had Alteryx installed on a Bootcamp partition. I didn't think to deactiviate on the Bootcamp drive before deleting the partition.  

Now, when I try to activate Designer, I'm told I have no more seats. I'm a single licensees and I am the only person on my account. How can I deactivate the inactive license from the now deleted Bootcamp drive so I can use on my Parallels VM?

I have tried to go the licensing portal but I don't see myself setup as a license administrator.

Anyone had a similar issue? Have attached how my licensing portal looks at the moment.

Thank you!  

2 REPLIES 2
AkimasaKajitani
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Please contact to fulfillment@alteryx.com.

echuong1
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Do you know who your license administrator is? It most likely would be the person who procured the license for you. If not, you can contact fulfillment@alteryx.com to have yourself added as one.

You can then revoke the license from the old machine to free up the seat. You can then activate it on your new machine. Fulfillment may be able to revoke the license as well.

https://help.alteryx.com/current/product-activation-and-licensing/revoke-license-machine 

Labels