Alteryx designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.
Alteryx is here to help you solve your biggest data challenges. Read about the new Virtual Solution Center here.

Managing Image File Size

Highlighted
7 - Meteor

Hi all,

I work in retail, and I need to create a report which is just lots of images - a range of products, so the team can see what the "offer" is to the customer. I've built a report which (mostly) works really well: using the Image tool and the Tile tool, I can get a nice matrix of images for them to review. The images need to be dynamic - each report they run will pick up different images from different product offers. 

The problem is that some of the images I'm picking up are really big files. I have told the image tool to set the image width to 200 pixels (see image), but that doesn't seem to reduce the file size I'm outputting. As a result it takes a long time for the workflow to run (just saving the files down), and I'm not going to be popular with our infrastructure manager as I fill up his fileserver.

A single pdf output is 10 A4 pages long, and there are 35 images per page. The file size is generally around 160mb.

If I replace the product images with a low res image of our company logo the same report changes to be only 165kb.

Is there a way to reduce the quality/resolution of each individual image in the workflow so that the final output file is smaller?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Sue

Highlighted
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Sue 

Check out this post  It recommends a couple of techniques from ACE superstars, @NicoleJohnson and @MarqueeCrew 

Edit:  Fixed link

Dan

Labels