Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Manage connections - Windows 10 upgrade bug

robcamp
7 - Meteor

I updated my laptop from Windows 7 to Windows 10.

Every workflow which uses an alias db connects is broken.   I've managed to fix ones where I go in and edit the XML.

I cannot go into the Manage data connections to edit/delete the old alias.   Getting the following error message.

exception error.PNG

After I close out this notification, this is how the Manage Data Connection window looks.   I think some configuration or file got delete on the OS migration.   Need to figure out how to fix this so, the manage data connections window is working. 

empty manage data connection.PNG

2 REPLIES 2
KevinP
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@robcamp Most likely due to the OS change Designer is no longer able to decrypt the GalleryAlias.xml file stored in your user profile. This file contains local copies of the Gallery data connections that have been shared with you. It is typically synced with your Alteryx Server when Designer is started. If the file becomes damaged/corrupt, or you lose the ability to decrypt the file you will encounter the errors you are seeing. Luckily correcting the issues is simple. Since these connections sync when you start Designer you can simple delete the file. You should be able to find the file at:

%appdata%\Alteryx\Engine\GalleryAlias.xml
robcamp
7 - Meteor

@KevinP.   Thanks for the simple and easy solution.

Labels