Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Manage Data Connections | Alteryx 11.0

mm62733
6 - Meteoroid

I am trying to input data via a directory.  The directory includes both .xls and .xlsm files.  I ended up setting up two directories, one for .xls and another for the .xlsm files.  I know I can create a macro to read all excel files but haven't done it yet.  I get an error  trying to read the data with a dynamic input tool.  The error is below. 

Error: Dynamic Input (24): Error opening connect string: Microsoft JET Database Engine: External table is not in the expected format.\3274 = -328602519

I've looked this up in google and it basically says that it isn't really a table error but may be a driver issue.  Has anyone seen this before and do you have any suggestions?  Thanks. 

13 REPLIES 13
adm510
11 - Bolide

I'm not using the input tool to load multiple files, I was just trying to say that's what happens when I run it with a specific file. 

Also, I can't use the dynamic input tool either, because as soon as I select the template, I get all the errors from my previous post

mm62733
6 - Meteoroid

I'm sorry, I misunderstood.  I thought you were trying to load multiple files. 

adm510
11 - Bolide

No worries, thanks for helping... glad your issue was resolved

JordanB
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @adm510

In the past if clients have had strange errors reading in excel files we have recommended this article

It suggests using some other Microsoft legacy drivers to read in the files. 

I would suggest using these drivers if you can to see if this can remove those error messages.

Best,

Jordan

Labels