Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Malformed if Statement

SACResearch
6 - Meteoroid

I am trying to do the following formula, but continue to get a malformed if error. Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

IF [CUM_HSGPA_Calculated_From_Courses_Unweighted] <="2.00" THEN '0.00 to 2.00' ELSEIF
[CUM_HSGPA_Calculated_From_Courses_Unweighted]>"2.00" AND [CUM_HSGPA_Calculated_From_Courses_Unweighted]<="2.50" THEN '2.01 to 2.50' ELSEIF
[CUM_HSGPA_Calculated_From_Courses_Unweighted]>"2.50" AND [CUM_HSGPA_Calculated_From_Courses_Unweighted]<="3.00" THEN '2.51 to 3.00' ELSEIF
[CUM_HSGPA_Calculated_From_Courses_Unweighted]>"3.00" AND [CUM_HSGPA_Calculated_From_Courses_Unweighted]<="3.50" THEN '3.01 to 3.50' ELSEIF
[CUM_HSGPA_Calculated_From_Courses_Unweighted]>"3.50" AND [CUM_HSGPA_Calculated_From_Courses_Unweighted]<="4.00" THEN '3.51 to 4.00'
ENDIF

12 REPLIES 12
atak1986
6 - Meteoroid

IF [BL]=1 THEN "BL"
ELSEIF
IF [CCG]=1 THEN "Geo"
ELSEIF
IF [DM]=1 THEN "Exclude"
ELSEIF
IF [MG]=1 THEN "G Check"
ELSEIF
IF [MSN]=1 THEN "SN Check"
ELSE
"No Action"

ENDIF

All the field are "Double"

I think everything is in place still it is giving me a "Malformed if Statement" error.

Cassie_Shaw
7 - Meteor

Hi - All help is appreciated. All data types are V_String

Cassie_Shaw_1-1680299038306.png

Cassie_Shaw_2-1680299052590.png

JohnJPS
15 - Aurora

Hi @Cassie_Shaw - try removing the word "if" word just following the word "and", based on there being one "if" with multiple conditions, as opposed to a nested if.

Example of one if with multiple conditions:

if (a = b) and (x = y) then

...do stuff...

endif

Example of a Nested if:

if (a = b) then

if (x = y) then

...do stuff...

endif

endif

Hope that helps!

Labels