Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Make Extra Row Info Added to Proper Row?

deepashah
7 - Meteor

Hi all!

Please see attached sample workflow data. I am trying to make the Property ID match to its respective Tenant IDs and Tenant Names. However, if there is more than one result, I would want the results to be additional columns rather than additional rows. This way, all of the pertinent information is connected to the same ID.

Currently, the information is matching and being added as a new row; I believe I need to add a cross-tab somewhere, but I am unsure where. I already added cross-tabs to get the info in the initial text input tools.

Here's what I think the solution should look like - basically, all the info for that "ID" should be on the same row.

recordidgroupbyproprecordididoccupancytenantid1tenantname1occupancytenantid2tenantname2
00.010.01997106retaillocation_401122McDonaldsretaillocation_380490Subway
2 REPLIES 2
Luke_C
17 - Castor

Hi @deepashah 

Would something like this work?

1. After joining, transpose to get the tenant ID and Name as rows.
  2. Use the tile tool to assign orders by ID and field name (tenant ID/name)
  3. Formula to update headers (1TenantName, 2TenantName, etc)
    1. I put the number first here so the ordering works out when we crosstab.
  4. Cross tab to get your desired format
  5. Dynamic rename to put the numbers at the end of the field name rather than the beginning.

Luke_C_0-1633999086330.png

deepashah
7 - Meteor

Hi @Luke_C , this works great! Thank you so much for your help, I appreciate it.

Labels