Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Mailing/Customer segmentation

AlexCraft
6 - Meteoroid

Hi Community, 

I need to give each customer by product a certain type of letter, but want to get some advice on the easiest the way to do it. 

Based on the filters Unique to In UK, I would like to tag it as scenario A. I have looked at doing it as an IF formula but have A - M so would take ages to go through the scenarios, and not sure how to loop it?

Then once I have all those customers, then I would want to tag the if they had Scenario A and then letter CL1,  for product D it would be CL1,SC6. 

I have only been properly using Alteryx for a few weeks, so this is a step too far for me at the moment. Only worked through basic tools so is there a cool way to do it? I could probably use a join to my source date to my scenario and match each field but it is 295k customers so could take a long time....

Any help would be great.

ScenariosUniqueJointLoyaltyRebateCustomer position worstIn UKProduct AProduct BProduct CProduct DProduct E
AYNNNNNCL1CL1CL1CL1
SC6
CL1
SC7
BYYNNNNN/ACL1
SC9
CL1CL1
SC6
SC9
CL1
SC7
SC9
2 REPLIES 2
Emil_Kos
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @AlexCraft,

Not sure what do you want to achieve but quite often when you want to write a complex formula that will do something if specific criteria are met like:

If Joint = Y and Loyalty = N and Rebate = N then do something it is better to create a table which all those criteria and join it with your data. 

It is much easier to maintain and it is crystal clear how it works. 

kelsey_kincaid
12 - Quasar

Hi @AlexCraft ,

I think the solution attached should work for you. This workflow will identify each unique scenario and attach a letter to that assignment. It will adjust automatically based on how many unique scenarios you have in your data. Let me know if this works for you!

kayers_0-1611008812967.png

Labels