Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Macros messing my menu

tonypreece
10 - Fireball

I've set up my macros folder as x:\yyyyyyy\zzzzzzz\Macros (as shown), and have macros in each the subfolders.

@MarqueeCrew's excellent Outliers macro is in the General Functions folder along with its 'Udacity' subfolder. 

tonyp_0-1580991272243.png

In Designer, my Macros menu brings in macros from each of the sub folders as shown below. However, the Outliers macro appears on a separate Macro menu and the Udacity subfolder shows up on a third macro menu. 

tonyp_2-1580991419154.png

How can I tidy this up and make them all appear on a single Macros menu?

N.B. the five macros showing in the screenshot are in different subfolders and putting them all into the same folder hasn't resolved this.

2 REPLIES 2
MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@tonypreece ,

Sorry for messing things up for you.  This macro contains a batch macro which I had moved off to my Udacity folder when I created the macro.  As Alteryx packaged the macro, it created the subfolder on your screen.  If you open the outlier macro and then open the batch macro within it, you could save the batch macro into your "macro" subdirectory.  Then put that newly saved macro onto the canvas and configure the "macro" to use the other version.  SAVE.  Delete the udacity contents and you should be golden.

Alternatively, open the outlier batch macro and change the configuration of meta-info to the tool category name of MACRO.  This might solve the challenge easier.

capture.png

Apologies for the tidying up and thanks for the positive feedback.

Cheers,

Mark

Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
tonypreece
10 - Fireball

@MarqueeCrew Brilliant Mark, thanks. Why didn't I think of updating the category name for the last three days!!!

Labels