Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Macro works fine in workflow, but errors in an Analytic App

al_sweets
8 - Asteroid

I have created a macro which will read in a Postcode field. If I use this within a workflow, it works completely fine without error.

I then convert this workflow into an Analytic App, where it simply uses a text box interface so the user can enter a Postcode. The App runs, and spits out the expected output, but also returns an error.

"Missing destination tool."

al_sweets_0-1576078449146.png

I have searched the macro for Tool 419 but I cannot find it. I have also searched the xml for this tool with no such luck. Without being able to share my files, does anybody know why this might be occurring? To confirm, it still works through an App in that my output file is as expected, but I don't want this error to appear.

2 REPLIES 2
echuong1
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Have you tried running your workflow in debug mode? That way you can see exactly what is being executed after the app updates parameters and then troubleshoot from there. 

Also, to look for the tool try doing CTRL + F and search for that particular tool number.

al_sweets
8 - Asteroid

The issue with this was actually an Action tool within the macro that wasn't connecting to anything and therefore "missing destination tool". Strange that it only throws an error when ran through an Analytic App.

Labels