Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Macro - to change color coding in report map tool

ElwinPang
8 - Asteroid

Hi all experts,

Recently i need to do quite a number of map for a use case so i am thinking to use macro to achieve this but i face a problem.

I dont know update value tool need to update on which value or attribute to change the color coding for different plot.

image.png

In draft version of macro flow, i am plotting "RSRP" Plot and intended to plot "SINR" which will have different range and color code.

image.png

Thank you very much in advance.

Br

Elwin

2 REPLIES 2
BenMoss
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Hi Elwin!

I think we may need to make use of the 'Update Raw XML' option in order to achieve this; it's hard to give direction on the task because it's quite complex, but I have given you a starting point (see attached).

What you now need to do is think about how you can bring your band data (cut offs and colours), into the XML format given in the formula tool of the outer layer.

You will see that the cut offs are defined in the 'DefineCutOffsXML' field...

CutOffs.png

Then in the 'ColoursXML' formula, you need to change the colour given for each layer. You will also have to make the number of layers dynamic in case there are not always 7 layers.

In the example given, every point turns blue, this is because I am using the 'SNR' field, as specified in the text input, but still using the cut offs from the previous field.

So, a good test, would to to ammend the cut off values, manually for now, in the formula tool, to see how it is working.

I hope this provides at least some direction!

Ben

ElwinPang
8 - Asteroid

Thanks a lot Ben. I able to create a macro to plot multiple by changing the XML.

Labels