Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Macro to add columns to input source data

Nmetzgen1
8 - Asteroid

I am trying to create a macro that select a DATETIME field from source data (source data different every time) and add 5 new columns based on that date and an option selected in macro interface

e.g. source data has a column called transaction date and macro has a list of languages {english, french, german}

i would like to select the date (by using show field map) and french (from manually set drop down list) and then add a new column that says lundi, mardi, mecredi, however, if i select English it will say, Monday, Tuesday , Wednesday 

At the moment the output of the macro only shows the new columns and not the original data set which may have 5-15 other columns

What do i need to consider to ensure the output includes the input enriched with new columns

1 REPLY 1
fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi Nmetzgen1,

If I understood you well, you have everything working but the original columns in your output. For that, one of the possibilities for that to happen is if you have any tool with a selection box (select, join, etc) in it and you have uncheck the *unknown field checkbox.

To understand better your problem, it would be easier if you could share your macro.

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino

Labels