Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Macro output no matching what displays into workflow

Ekrasnow
6 - Meteoroid

So I am very new to Alteryx and have been learning in an attempt to make a workflow to process insurance claim audit results.  We complete an excel audit form, place it in a folder, and then this workflow should extract the answers and compile them into a database.  

I am using a macro to extract the data from each excel document, and when working in the macro everything processes great - the data is exactly how I want it Output to my workflow.  The problem occurs when the macro is run from within the workflow, it gives different results than when I run the Macro by itself. The data isn't changed at all in the workflow prior to the Macro and I have no idea why this is happening. 

I've attached the workflow, macro, and a test audit on the template we intend to use. Thank you for any help and I am open to suggestions - I am sure this isn't the best way to do this but it's my first exposure to Alteryx.  

Data shown in Macro which is how I want:

Ekrasnow_0-1639156667470.png

Workflow shows different data and the last column appears to have reverted to spacing from the excel form:

Ekrasnow_1-1639156694337.png

4 REPLIES 4
csmith11
11 - Bolide

Are you trying to input multiple Files into your macro? One at a time? I noticed that the Macro is set as a Batch Macro. 

You may need a control parameter tool to update the template file. Try something like this:

Replace Macro Input with Standard Input and add Control Parameter with Action Tool.

csmith11_0-1639159026698.png

In the Interface Designer You'll need the Auto Config By Name as well.

csmith11_2-1639159192850.png

Your Macro will then only have 1 input Anchor instead of 2.

csmith11_1-1639159136250.png

Please let me know if this helps. Very Complicate Macro For Someone New to Alteryx. Great Work!

csmith11
11 - Bolide

----

Ekrasnow
6 - Meteoroid

Are you trying to input multiple Files into your macro? One at a time?

- Yes, there is only one test file currently but it is being set up so it will read however many files audit files I have saved in the folder.  After I get this portion working I will use part of an existing workflow to move the processed audit files to a new folder location.

I have a few things to address today and then I will work on updating this and let you know if this works.  Thanks!

Ekrasnow
6 - Meteoroid

Your suggestion worked like a charm, thank you very much.  I even tested with multiple documents and it is producing the exact data set I want including all documents. 

Labels