community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alteryx designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.

Macro not working within an Alteryx workflow

Alteryx Partner

Hi All.

Would really appreciate if someone can help me out here.

We are executing an Alteryx workflow which connects to a macro. Macro has a Splint Tool (regression analysis) and a score tool. The issue is that the macro output in the workflow is empty and we see below error in logs.

Error: ModelMacro: The output connection "Output" was not valid

However, macro output is valid when I execute it standalone using the same data sample.

Any help or directions will be highly appreciated!

Thanks,

VP

Alteryx Certified Partner

Hi @VP_,

Being that this is from a custom macro you created, I don't believe there's much troubleshooting that can be done with the information you provided. As you mentioned, the Spline tool is working when you run it standalone so it's something in your macro you have this tool nested in that's either doing something to the data before it hits the Spline tool or the interface/actions are not configuring something correctly.

If you're able to share the macro you created and some sample data that will reproduce the error, this will allow us to troubleshoot the issue more thoroughly.

Hope this helps!

Jimmy
Teknion Data Solutions

I've had this issue several times, it usually stems from the fact that I have copy and pasted a macro output rather than bought it in from the toolbar.

Could you try replacing the existing one and be sure to take it from the toolbar, then rerun.

Ben

Alteryx Partner

Thank you!

Labels