Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Macro not updating filter list, configuration

Brinker
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

I am pretty sure the logic in my macro is solid, I get the results when I execute inside the macro but when I configure the macro to my input in the workflow it is not updating the filter correctly. Can someone have a look at the configuration and see if they can spot the issue.

A little more backgorund, the macro loads a stored procedure and creates a PK out of the businesskey fields, each proc has a different set of businesskeys out of which I create the PK.

I saved the businesskey (the fields I concat) to see where the issue is, the output is not the same as my input. I think the problem is with the configuration of the macro once I place it on the workflow but I don't know much about the configuration.

3 REPLIES 3
Luke_C
17 - Castor

Hi @Brinker 

Can you share a screenshot of the macro itself and how any action tools are configured? Are the questions updating a filter tool? 

Brinker
8 - Asteroid

@Luke_C  I can't share the whole workflow because it is to big but this is and example of the part that is giving me the issue.

Brinker
8 - Asteroid

The solution I came too was that needed to add a control parameter for each field I wanted to pass instead of one a macro input with multiple fields. I just reworked the workflow a bit and it worked.

Labels