Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Macro not updating filter list, configuration

Brinker
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

I am pretty sure the logic in my macro is solid, I get the results when I execute inside the macro but when I configure the macro to my input in the workflow it is not updating the filter correctly. Can someone have a look at the configuration and see if they can spot the issue.

A little more backgorund, the macro loads a stored procedure and creates a PK out of the businesskey fields, each proc has a different set of businesskeys out of which I create the PK.

I saved the businesskey (the fields I concat) to see where the issue is, the output is not the same as my input. I think the problem is with the configuration of the macro once I place it on the workflow but I don't know much about the configuration.

3 REPLIES 3
Luke_C
17 - Castor

Hi @Brinker 

Can you share a screenshot of the macro itself and how any action tools are configured? Are the questions updating a filter tool? 

Brinker
8 - Asteroid

@Luke_C  I can't share the whole workflow because it is to big but this is and example of the part that is giving me the issue.

Brinker
8 - Asteroid

The solution I came too was that needed to add a control parameter for each field I wanted to pass instead of one a macro input with multiple fields. I just reworked the workflow a bit and it worked.

Labels