Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Macro iteration Limit

Austin_Riggs
6 - Meteoroid

Hi All,

I developed a Macro that separates Parent/Child combinations into a hierarchy from the community (thanks for saving me a ton of time), however i am getting an error when running it now. The error is for iteration limits reached. Does anyone know how to fix this? Please let me know, thanks.

6 REPLIES 6
JosephSerpis
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Austin_Riggs  you just need to increase the iterations number can be found on the Interface Designer you can get to it via the view menu on the tool bar at the top. You can also change what happens when you reach the max number as well.Iteration_Macro.JPG

andyuttley
11 - Bolide
11 - Bolide

hi @Austin_Riggs 

If you go the interface designer (view - interface designer) you can change the maximum number of iterations here:

iterationlimit.PNG

Thanks 

Andy

Austin_Riggs
6 - Meteoroid

@andyuttley

Thank You! Is there a maximum amount of iterations allowed?

Austin_Riggs
6 - Meteoroid

Thank you as well JS420

andyuttley
11 - Bolide
11 - Bolide

No problem @Austin_Riggs 

Yes - there's a maximum of 10,000,000 iterations allowed - hopefully that's enough?! 

Andy 

pushpahp
5 - Atom

Hi 

I am using this macro, but it is taking very long time to run, is there any alternative solution or any configuration which I need to do to decrease the run time.

Appreciate your help.

Regards,

Pushpa

Labels