Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Macro for inmporting multiple excel files

CMee
5 - Atom

Hi team,

As part of my work I often need to pull in either multiple tabs from the same excel file or multiple excel files from the same folder. The latter case is the one giving me a little trouble from an Alteryx point. I understand this would likely be achieved with a batch macro, but I don't think this is something I could build on my own yet. The data is basically the same layout and similar tab name for all use cases that I will come across

Does any one have a macro that could achieve this task and could walk me through the key steps, input paths arguments, etc. so I could reverse engineer it for my own work? I tend to find this work best for learning new features for me personally, and I would love to have a macro like this on file.

Cheers!

1 REPLY 1
ChrisTX
15 - Aurora

Here's a link to a Knowledge Base article:

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Knowledge-Base/CS-Macro-Dev-Reading-in-multiple-files-with-...

CS Macro Dev: Reading in multiple files with different Field Schema - Batch Macro

Labels