Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Macro error

ssubramanian
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

I have a macro that reads input from a file and searches for keywords from another list. I have attached the macro , I am getting an error while executing it and I am not able to fix it. Could someone help me debug and explain what the error is. I am really new to Alteryx macro , so I am kinda not following the code.

4 REPLIES 4
Inactive User
Not applicable

In the action within the macro, update it to point to expression and replace "Keyword" minus the quotes. This will update the batch to change this and search for it. 

ssubramanian
8 - Asteroid

Hi Ryan, Thanks for the quick response. Could you please tell me where exactly you made the change. A screen shot would be really helpful. because I am not able to figure it out. I understand that you changed Journal_Desc to Desc but wanted to know where else you make the change because I see that the Keyword is still wrapped in quotes.

BenMoss
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Take a look at Ryans solution and look at the 'action' tool, you'll see we use the term Keyword as a placeholder, removing the qoutes as we don't want to overwrite these, otherwise our contains function would be...

contains([Desc],Ben)

when it should be...

contains([Desc],"Ben")

ssubramanian
8 - Asteroid

Gotcha!!!! Thank you so much Ryan and Ben! :) It was really helpful.

Labels