Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Macro Trouble

imaran_669
8 - Asteroid

Hello Community, I need some help with a process I’m building.

I managed to build a process that extract some public info and makes tables with them. It all works fine if I go company per company, but I have 10 companies to check. Sure I could copy and paste the process and change the row number and it would work fine but I wanted to make it simpler with a macro looping thru all the records, but for some reason I can’t understand when I loop the records in the exit are the ones of the first company duplicated 10 times.

Can someone with a fresh mind maybe check my process and find what I’m missing?

I attach the process that works simply switching the record id and the macro one I made.

Thanks!!!

4 REPLIES 4
Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

I believe we should be looking at a batch macro, rather than a standard macro shown in your sample.
And I have made a few changes as attached and hope it will work for you.

0606-imaran_669.PNG0606-imaran_669-1.PNG

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

hi @imaran_669 

You should be able to get this to work without needing a macro at all.  

danilang_2-1622977685069.png

Replace the four Append Fields tools in the green box with Join tools and join on CodBanco on the left and the equivalent field on the right. If the range that you're reading from the excel file doesn't include CodBanco, modify your dynamic input tools to return the file name as an output field.  You can then extract the CodBanco from the filename since it will be the digits between ""institucion" and the extension.    Remove the Filter in red and connect the output of the preceding RecordID tool to the Left input of the new Join tools. 

The Join will matchup the records from the input files with the NomBanco field from your text input 

Dan

imaran_669
8 - Asteroid

@Qiu with some tinkering to the process you posted I managed to make it work! Thanks!!!

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

Glad to help and thanks for letting me know.😁

Labels