Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Macro - Take each row/cell from one database to run trough another database

JeffJeffrey12
7 - Meteor

Dear all,

I am trrying to do it myself, but I can't get it done.

I am trying to create a seperate path for people that are inside of someone else path.

I have 2 datasets:

1. Dataset contains Leads and their paths

2. Contains only paths (which are of people in the background=

Dataset 1  Result
LeadPath Path
LLLABC|123|XXX|ZSA  ABC|123|XXX|ZSA|LLL|U82
XXX512|A5G|7GH 512|A5G|7GH|XXX|ZSA 

Dataset 2   
Path   
ABC|123|XXX|ZSA    
LFA|532|ZZZ|LLL|U82   
025|6AF|3DK|E8S   

Basicly I want to check each row 1 by 1 from Dataset 1 within all of Dataset 2 if I can find the Lead from Dataset 1 inside the Path of Dataset 2 and do some stuff and append the reults below each other after some formulas to get to the result.

I already have the workflow build to get to the result, but I can't get it working to check each row 1 by 1 from Dataset 1.

This is probably a Batch Macro stuff but I am new to macros and can't get it to work at all.

4 REPLIES 4
binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@JeffJeffrey12 One way of doing this

binuacs_0-1671710824792.png

JeffJeffrey12
7 - Meteor

@binuacs That actually might work as well... I might have been thinking to hard... need to test it with the real data.

But still, just in terms of learning.

How do I manage to do it via a Batch Macro where I take each row from Dataset 1 on its own to run trough a workflow.

I can't manage to do it myself yet.

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@JeffJeffrey12 Attaching the batch macro version of your usecase

binuacs_0-1671714089944.png

JeffJeffrey12
7 - Meteor

@binuacs Okay - so I think I get how the Batch Macro works - that was my main goal to solve the problem before you gave me a workaround.

Nevertheless I have a time issue cause its taking really long in both cases with the BatchMacro taking even longer than the workaround because of the amount of rows I have.

Is there any idea you might have to do it another way and reduce the time that I have generating the appended fields?

If not, no worries - I am just trying to think if its possible to make it faster

JeffJeffrey12_0-1671724175204.png

Actually both of the following filters are taking even longer because of the amount of rows generated.

Any idea? :)

Labels