Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Macro Output - Not Connecting (Macro works fine)

DamienMinter
8 - Asteroid

Hi, I have an issue with with  macro, where I have attached an input file going in and a browse tool coming out and I run the workflow and everything is great. However, when I try to attach another tool such as a select or union, they can't seem to find the fields. I have a couple more macros on other workflows and they seem to work fine. I have spent a few hours trying to figure this out and can't pinpoint it. If I go into the macro and run the workflow then I do get one warning, but only for a column with a duplicate name, which I remove with the next tool anyway.

Anybody have any idea what could be causing this. Apologies, I can't share the workflow as it contains sensative data

The tool doesn't recognise the fieldsThe tool doesn't recognise the fieldsWorks fine - Display's fieldsWorks fine - Display's fieldsMacro workflowMacro workflow

3 REPLIES 3
DamienMinter
8 - Asteroid

I think may have resolved this. It looks like the issue is with the data cleansing tool being the last thing in the macro workflow. I have added another select tool and it appears to work fine now.

Macro.PNG

JY
5 - Atom

Thanks for this. I've just experienced the exact same issue with the Data Cleansing tool as the last element before the Macro Output in Alteryx Designer 2018.1.3.42973 - must be a bug...

lepome
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@DamienMinter

@JY

Alteryx is aware of this issue.  You are exactly correct that you can add a Select tool just before your Macro Output.  That will restore transfer of the metadata and error-free operation.

Lisa LePome
Principal Support Engineer -- Knowledge Management Coach
Alteryx, Inc.
Labels