community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alteryx designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.

Macro Output Missing Fields

Asteroid

Hi, 

 

I built a macro which works fine and I can see the output data from the results window. However, when I add another tool (any tool) and it shows no missing fields and nothing comes out from the macro. Can anyone explain this?

 

Thanks,

Macro OutputData.PNGError.PNG

Alteryx Certified Partner
Alteryx Certified Partner

Hi @archietao 

 

It seems you have a lot of hidden Summarize tools  in your Workflow.

 

Tip: Use Ctrl+F to find these Summarize tools:

Summarize (116)

Summarize (118)

Summarize (122)

Summarize (123)

 

Cheers,

Alteryx Certified Partner

PS this thread got posted twice!

Asteroid

Hi, 

 

Thanks for your reply. 

 

As the first picture shows that the Macro works fine and there's output data. 

 

 

Output data from Macro.PNG

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

However, the next tool connected to the macro shows no fields (this doesn't have to be summarize tool, i tried a few other tools and no data came through from the macro.) this is very weird since it shows there is data from the input to the summarize tool but nothing can be found inside the tool. 

No Fields.PNG

 

 

Alteryx Certified Partner
Alteryx Certified Partner

@archietao 

 

Could you share some printscreens of your Macro?


Cheers,

Asteroid

sure this is a very simple macro. basically just bring in a certain tab in one spreadsheet. 

Macro.PNG

Nebula
Nebula

Hi @archietao 

 

Since your Macro doesn't contain any proprietary data, can you post it here?  A sample of the "Financial Information Request Template.xlsx" would also help a lot in figuring out what's going on

 

Dan

Alteryx Certified Partner
Alteryx Certified Partner

@danilang 

 

Since he's changing files with Control Parameter I think it's related to what's coming in the (¿) anchor.

 

Definitely would need a more detailed picture of the workflow, at least a Browse Tool before the Macro and the configuration of the Macro itself to see which field is being used as a parameter.

 

Cheers, 

Nebula
Nebula

I think you're spot on @Thableaus 

 

I recreated what I thought the macro is doing based on the picture, but I couldn't get the macro to output no fields, without getting an error internal to the macro. 

 

It must be some kind of strange configuration within the Action tool.

 

Dan 

Labels