Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Macro Issues - "The Source Stream was not properly initialized"

LoganJ
6 - Meteoroid

Someone please help me with the attached workflow. I cannot figure out why the macro will not run. When I run the macro on its own it works for a single loop. But when I bring it to a workflow to run several loops it will not work and is giving me fits. Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
AbhilashR
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @LoganJ, the issue wasn't in the macro, but the sources files feeding the macro. The excel source has null rows going into the macro which was causing the Append Fields tool (tool ID 11) to error out. 

Include a Filter tool in your base workflow after the Input tool and get rid of the nulls rows. Something like the setup in the image below: 

AbhilashR_0-1587155944700.png

Hope this helps.

LoganJ
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks for your reply. This fixed the sample I gave you but I am still having issues with the full sized file.

AbhilashR
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

I got rid of the Sample tool inside your macro and it worked. If you need it for some reason as part of your analysis, I would urge you to include the Sample tool in the main workflow that feeds into this macro.

AbhilashR_0-1587159487061.png

LoganJ
6 - Meteoroid

Thank you for your time and help! Why is that tool causing a problem? It really shouldn't be. I wanted 360 periods for 30 years for a task at work when I apply this to other files. I will need to figure out a way to have this outside of the macro I suppose.

Thanks again!

Delilor
5 - Atom

You can still use "recordID" and "Select" tools to separate only needed data.

Labels