Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Macro Error: Toolld #3931: Missing Destination tool

cwang424
5 - Atom

Received this message consistently but there is no tool 3931. When I run with "Run" button, the model run through without no error, when I run as Analytic app tho, this error message comes out. 

Can anyone please help on this?

4 REPLIES 4
fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @cwang424 ,

Is it possible for you to share your macro with fake data? That way, I can analyze a little better what is happening.

Best,

Fernando V.

NarulaM12
6 - Meteoroid

I am having a similar issue where the error says 1331 missing destination tool. I there any solution to this? 

bkclaw113
9 - Comet

I just experienced this issue as well and I had a batch macro with an action tool that was not connected to anything in my macro (I had changed the structure of the macro and deleted the tool that was previously connected). So ignore the made up tool ID from your error message and check every single Action tool to make sure that it is connected in your workflow. I could also see this type off error if you have an action that is updating a tool, but that tool is in a container that is being disabled by a previous action, so that is a good second place to check.

Dr_B
7 - Meteor

After upgrading to Alteryx Designer 2022.3 I ran into the same issue. (In fact, I've run into this error message numerous times since upgrading to 2022.3). I tried to resolve the issue by turning off AMP Engine and wound up with this curious sequence in my workflow messages:

Dr_B_0-1670601155951.png

The Email tool was not activated because the workflow had an error... in spite of there being no errors or Conversion Errors.

Labels