Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Macro API Incremental

Harinder
6 - Meteoroid

Hello everyone,

I have created an workflow to extract the data using API by passing start date and end date as parameter .

1. Full Refresh: Refresh Date is start date which is input by user and end date is today's date -1 as end date.  

2. Incremental: If the refresh date is null , then I have used the max date +1 (from the existing file) as startdate and todays date-1 as end date. There is no input from the user.

The workflow is working. I would like convert it into a Macro tool something like drill down menu or checkbox

Do you want full refresh or Incremental ?

if full then please enter the refresh date.

My workflow looks like

Harinder_0-1619709754299.png

Appreciate your quick advise:

Best Regards,

Harinder

2 REPLIES 2
TrevorS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hello @Harinder 
Thank you for posting to the Community!

Can you please elaborate on what you are looking to do by making this into a macro?
I think the decision of using either a Full refresh or Incremental is dependent on how you are using the information downstream from the Macro.
If you can please provide more information on your process, the Community should be able to assist you better.
Thanks!
TrevorS

Community Moderator
jrobiso2
8 - Asteroid

Put this in your Macros folder. It should show up in the In/Out toolbar section. Pretty simple right now - Only designed for Basic and Bearer Token authentications, but it should help.

Out put is two outs - D is data, parsed into a table format. M is Metadata.

All of this presumes JSON data is what is returned by your REST API call

Labels