Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

MSSQL and predective tools

Frej83
5 - Atom

Hi 

I'm trying to run a basic linear regression, where I pull data from MSSQL 2016(189 rows). But my issue is that I keep getting the same error "MsSQl is not supported data platform". I have also tried MSSQL 2014, but are getting the same error. Any suggestions? or doesn't Alteryx support predictive tools for MSSQL?

Alteryx screenshoot.JPG

Frej

2 REPLIES 2
KaneG
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @Frej83,

MsSQL is not currently supported using In-DB Predictive tools. Expect this to change at some point in the future as SQL 2016 has included R Services that will be able to be leveraged. I personally am not sure what that will look like as I'm not sure the difference between Microsoft R Server (formally Revolution), and the integrated R Services and so this is not a roadmap comment, just commenting.

As it stands the In-DB Predictive Tools work with Oracle (leveraging Oracle-R), Spark (using Spark-R), and Teradata (needs Microsoft R Server). 

Kane

NeilR
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Actually Spark isn't yet supported for inDB predictive, but it is on the roadmap along with MSSQL. For both Oracle R Enterprise and Teradata the inDB predictive tools supported are Linear Regression, Logistic Regression (and Score).

Labels