Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

MS Access .accdb New Table With Blank Dates Issue

TR
8 - Asteroid

I'm updating a MS Access table from .mdb (2000-2003 format) to .accdb (2007-2016 format) and am having an error occur when moving the date fields.

Here is my example table with two attributes I'm loading into a new Access table:

Recordset1 = '1' (long integer) and Date1 = '11/20/2017' (Date)

Two outputs: Create new table 'tblDateTest' works fine in the AccessDB.mdb format but fails in the AccessDB.accdb format.

Error: Output Data (5): DataWrap2OleDb::SendBatch: Microsoft Access Database Engine: Multiple-step OLE DB operation generated errors. Check each OLE DB status value, if available. No work was done.
Insert into `tblDateTests`(`RecordID`,`Date1`) Values (?,?)

Thanks in advance,

Todd

7 REPLIES 7
MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

Is it possible to read Date1 as a STRING and output it as a STRING instead of a date?

Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
TR
8 - Asteroid

Thanks @MarqueeCrew for the reply, I can read it as a string and output it as a string however I need to store the field as a Date in Access. Now I could probably work on the Access side of things and convert it from a string to a date, however I was hoping to avoid that. Are you able to replicate this as well?

MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

Sorry @TR, but I'm allergic to Access.  I don't have it.  I buried it with DBase III and DBase IV.

Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
TR
8 - Asteroid

Hahaha, I don't blame you. It's painful for me to even create and update an Access database but it's part of a business function ;)

TR
8 - Asteroid

I've uploaded a sample workflow to further explain this seemingly simple process. Once the 32-bit MS Access database driver (download AccessDatabaseEngine.exe) was installed and the 64-bit version uninstalled this issue was resolved.

byarsmc79
7 - Meteor

I can't use this solution because I am on a 64-bit machine with 64-bit office.  Is there another solution?

TR
8 - Asteroid

@byarsmc79 I believe there is also a 64-bit version of the Microsoft Access Database Engine 2010 Redistributable file.

Labels