Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

MB Affinity: The R.exe exit code (259) indicated an error

Joe_Lipski
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

Love the new MB Affinity tool and it runs a lot quicker with the MR Rules & Inspect tools and you can get similar analysis out of it. However:

When running with over C. 500K records I hit an error: MB Affinity: The R.exe exit code (259) indicated an error

The Workflow I'm running looks like this: 

MB 1.JPG

The data Looks like this:

MB2.JPG

There are: 661,083 Records going into the MB Affinity tool. 779 Unique Products and 289,655 Unique Transactions

Here are the detailed macro messages which (I don't think) help:

MB6.JPG

My machince specs are: 

MB3.JPG

MB 4.JPG

So I don't think this should be causing the issue.

The module does output data, which looks correct.

Any help debugging would be fantastic.

Thanks,

Joe

Joe Lipski
5 REPLIES 5
DrDan
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi Joe,

This is a false error that originates from the Microsoft C++ runtime library. When people report "errors" like this on the R e-mail list, the response is always something along the lines of: “We don’t know what the error code means (Microsoft has never publicly published a list) and we find that they don’t matter, so ignore it.” This advice is relevant here. If a true error had occurred, then the MB Affinity tool would not have produced produced the simmilarity/disimmilarity matrix. Unfortunately, I don't believe we are able to trap these misreported errors.

Joe_Lipski
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

Thanks @DrDan!

I suspected that this could be the case as the matrix was produced and looked correct. Maybe this is something that you could flag up as a note in the help documentation (similar to other tools) as this is the first place that I assume most users will look when they see errors of this nature.

Joe Lipski
DrDan
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Thanks Joe, we will add a note to the documention.

ShaunMcleod
5 - Atom

Hi @DrDan,

I am also using the MB affinity tool, with an indentical workflow to Joe - on a machine with similar specifications.

When I run more than 300k records through (roughly 186k transactions & 660 distinct items) I get the same error.

However, the simmilarity matrix is not generated, and thus this error prevents the workflow from completing.

Any idea what could be causing this to occur?

Thanks,

Shaun

DrDan
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi Shaun,

Could you send the workflow to me via Customer Support?

Dan

Labels