Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

MACRO DEBUG debug_temp.yxmd DOES NOT EXIST

kruckit
5 - Atom

I was using the macro debug capability through the Interface Designer this week without a problem, but today started getting the following message saying the:
The file "debug_temp.yxmd" does not exist

kruckit_0-1630601675527.png

Anyone know how to fix that?

I am running Designer through and RDS installation.  No known charges have been done to the RDS environment that I am aware in the last few days from when the debug utility was running fine until now.

Thanks in advance.

TK

8 REPLIES 8
JoeS
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @kruckit 

Have you left your instance of Alteryx open the whole time?

When you open a debug workflow it loads to a temp directory. Housekeeping may have run and removed the file.

In which case you can either; open a new debug workflow or save the workflow back down to a location on your machine/network.

Or have I missed it entirely?

kruckit
5 - Atom

I have been in and out of the app multiple times and have had the issue multiple times.

I assumed that I can run a debug on any Designer file that has an interface element.  Is that true?  Or does it only work on specific extensions?

JoeS
Alteryx
Alteryx

Ah great spot.

Yeah if its being saved as a .yxmd (Alteryx Workflow) it will be treated as such, so won't load any interface options.

If there is an interface it should either be a .yxmc (macro) or .yxwz (analytic app)

ellen-wiegand
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @kruckit , I know it's been a few months but I think I have figured this out. I am running 21.3 and I get this error when I am running the analytic app with AMP engine when there are non-AMP enabled tools in the workflow. Turning off AMP in the source workflow fixes it. 

Assaf_m
11 - Bolide

Thanks for the hint, I was able to run the app successfully.

it's weird that AMP Engine is the reason for the workflow not to pick the interface tool changes.

Robbobu1
7 - Meteor

Thanks @ellen-wiegand that totally worked for me!

CharltonFranklin
8 - Asteroid

Has this been reported as a bug to Alteryx?

ellen-wiegand
Alteryx
Alteryx

@CharltonFranklin yes, and as far as I'm aware, it is fixed in versions 2022.1+

Labels