Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Looping through the query by splitting it by date range

vertika
6 - Meteoroid

I have an input SQL tool. As per our database, the query is set to time out after 30 mins, and the data is fairly large.

So far, I have been using multiple SQL input tools for the same query, by splitting them by dates so that they all work independently and do not time out-

EG - FIRST INPUT TOOL

SELECT * FROM A 

LEFT JOIN B on [condition]

WHERE A.DATE_OPEN>='2020-01-01' AND A.DATE_OPEN <'2020-02-01'

AND B.DATE_APPLIED>='2020-01-01' ----This pulls data for January from table A, and everything after January from Table B

SECOND INPUT TOOL

SELECT * FROM A

LEFT JOIN B  on [condition]

WHERE A.DATE_OPEN>='2020-02-01' AND A.DATE_OPEN <'2020-03-01'

AND B.DATE_APPLIED>='2020-02-01' ---This pulls data for  February from table A, and everything after February from Table B

As you can see, the query is exactly the same, but my Date Range on the ''DATE_OPEN" field changes. The problem with this is, as the data steadily grows, I have to keep adding input tools for each month. If ever I have to change my main query, I have to change it in every single input tool. Is there a way to achieve this so that it loops through the query with just changing the date range?

1 REPLY 1
Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@vertika 
Maybe with a batch macro?

A text Input tool will be the input and the dates will be replaced one by one inside the macro.
Sorry I dont have the resource to test.

Qiu_0-1620342716784.png

Labels