Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Loop with multi-row formula, maybe with Marco? Please help!

JoyHe
6 - Meteoroid

Hi Guys, 

I need to deal a data which measure the work efficiency, that is compare the tasks finished everyday and all tasks open that day and from previous days' remaining.

So the calculation today will depend on that of yesterday cause I will include tasks haven't done before into TODAY's OPENING, I try to figure out the logic but I have no idea about looping it. 

Please see attached workflow in which I try to show my logic. I am wondering is it possible to finish it inside an interactive macro? I tried but failed.

JoyHe_0-1630664156793.png

Really appreciate your time!

3 REPLIES 3
Christina_H
14 - Magnetar

I'm not entirely clear on what you're trying to do, but can you use running sums instead?

Christina_Hurrell_0-1630666740162.png

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @JoyHe 

If you're goal is to tell you the number of open jobs [Open_total] at the end of each day, you can do it in single Multi-Row formula tool with the following equation

[sum_open]-[sum_close] + [Row-1:open_total]

This takes the difference between the number of jobs opened and closed today and adds it to yesterday's [open_total].  The results look like this

danilang_0-1630853270602.png

for each day, the open total is increased/decreased by the difference between the number of jobs open on that day and the number closed on that day. 

day 1=7.   

day 2=14.  7 from today plus 7 from yesterday

day 3=12  -2 from today, since 2 jobs were opened but 4 were closed plus the 14 from yesterday

etc.

Dan  

binay2448
11 - Bolide

May be this will help for your requirement...

Labels