Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Loop through columns

Chirag_Gandhi07
8 - Asteroid

Hi everyone,

I have attached a sample excel file that contains emails and titles as columns. I want to break this down to only display two records each which can be done with the recordID tool and the filter tool. The issue is that when I output them to only display two records each, they show all the columns in the dataset. How do I make it so that only the columns with a value for each email appears? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

16 REPLIES 16
Chirag_Gandhi07
8 - Asteroid

Chirag_Gandhi07
8 - Asteroid

Chirag_Gandhi07
8 - Asteroid

@AmeliaG When I add the multi-row formula to my workflow along with the summarize tool, it output Batch 1 all the way to Batch 3589. Shouldn't there only be 24 batches because each batch contains 150 records?

AmeliaG
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @Chirag_Gandhi07,

Are you using the same formula I used in my workflow?

IF [RecordID]=1 OR mod([RecordID],150)=0 THEN [Row-1:BatchNum]+1 ELSE [Row-1:BatchNum] ENDIF

This will increment every 150 records. 

Thanks,

Amelia

Chirag_Gandhi07
8 - Asteroid

@AmeliaG Yes I did. I have attached a screenshot of the output. I have 3589 records, but only 3566 are displayed. Not sure why.

Chirag_Gandhi07
8 - Asteroid

@AmeliaG I added a formula tool and categorized them by 150 records. 1-150 is Batch 1 and 151-300 is Batch 2 and so on till Batch 24. I guess that would work with the macro?

AmeliaG
Alteryx
Alteryx

@Chirag_Gandhi07,

Can you please share your workflow? To share the workflow with the macro set up, go to options > export workflow. This will create a yxzp file (workflow zip file). Please send this file to me and I can take a look. 

Thanks!

Amelia

Labels