Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Loop through columns within one Data set

G1
8 - Asteroid

Hello All,

Please could someone tell me if It is possible to do the following (please see pic for explanation)? And if so how might be the best way to do this? (alteryx/programming experience = beginner/early intermediate)

The formula tool works but, due to the amount of times I need to repeat this process it would take a long time to keep manually adding a new column and entering in a new formula. I also tried the multi-field formula tool, which does automatically create the new columns I would like but only for one formula so I end up with the same values in each column.

Any advice/solutions would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Example.PNG

11 REPLIES 11
G1
8 - Asteroid

Hi Sri,

I think a macro is needed in that case. Please see the attached macro and test workflow. I hope this helps.

**i'll put the test workflow in a second reply...it is only letting me add one attachment here

G1

G1
8 - Asteroid

macro test workflow attached here

Labels