community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alteryx designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.
#SANTALYTICS

The highly anticipated Alteryx Community tradition is back! We hope you'll join us!

Learn More

Loop over column and use it as input for other field

Highlighted

Hello community!

I am completely new to Alteryx and I am creating my first workflow. I hope you can help me with it.

I got a file from the server and now I need to loop over one of the columns.

I will use the value of each row (the id of a sprint) and use it as input to connect to the server again to download all the issues in each sprint.

Any thoughts about how I can do this?

Thanks!

Alteryx Certified Partner

hey @designing_workflows 

Can you post a sample of your data and maybe what you want the end product to look like?

As I understand, you have a flat file and want to read one of the columns values, and feed that back as a list to allow a user to select?

Again, sorry for my misunderstanding

Alteryx
Alteryx

I think you're looking for something like the attached. This is a quick example to get you started. It assumes that all the Sprint files have the same schema (in this case, two columns with text labeled "SprintID" and "Issue"). If the different Sprint files have different schema, I can provide a more flexible example.

Alteryx
Alteryx

HI @designing_workflows ,

If you get a response that answers your question, please mark it as a solution so everyone knows your request is resolved. Thanks!

Labels