Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Loop over a date using these results as input for a SOAP connection

DADE
7 - Meteor

I have a workflow which downloads data from a SOAP connection.

Now I would like to loop over this workflow changing the dates by selecting a start, an end date and how many days need to be added in each iteration. I have already managed to create all the dates, but I don't know how to use these dates as input into my other workflow.

If anybody could help me link the 2 workflows it would be very appreciated.

1 REPLY 1
danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @DADE 

You can try something like this

w.png

The append tool appends the Concat_A and Concat_field2 records to each of the records in your date list.  The formula tool then replaces the "<StartDay>2019-06-01</StartDay>"(also EndDay) from your original with the corresponding generated date. 

r.png

The Download tool will run each of these records in turn and union the returned results.  The sample tool just tries the first two for testing purposes.  

This should work, but I haven't been able to test it completely since the target is blocked from my location

Dan

Labels