Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Loop or something similar

ryotaro999
6 - Meteoroid

Hello,

I am looking for a solution to my problem. I need a kind of loop to check the data. I have ID, Name 1, Name 2. I need to compare Name 1 to Name 2 but sometimes it is that one ID has several Names from two bases, so I need something like that to check each line.

ryotaro999_0-1580676868714.png

Thank you very much for help.

8 REPLIES 8
jacob_kahn
12 - Quasar

@ryotaro999 

I am not sure understand what you are trying to solve.

Can you please try flushing our your issue a little further. Perhaps you can give us an example of what you'd like as an output.

sincerely,

Jacob 

https://www.linkedin.com/in/jacob-kahn-b24b70136/

DavidP
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Could you give a bit more info on what you're looking for as a result?

ryotaro999
6 - Meteoroid
I have to create a column in which the result of comparing the Name 1 column to Name 2 column will be in the form "Yes" / "No", are they the same people? The only problem is that sometimes the same ID has several different names, which makes comparison difficult.
atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi,

By your latest comment i can understand that you are trying to create a column with takes Yes/No based on Name1 is equal to or not equal to Name2.

Use Formula tool

Field Name : Flag

IF [Name 1]==[Name 2]THEN "Yes" ELSE "No" ENDIF.

Please do let me know if this was helpful.

If not please share a sample workflow and desired output so that we can provide you solution.

ryotaro999
6 - Meteoroid

That's right, but what about lines where the correct Names are not on the same line? I will get the result "NO".

Today I will try to upload a workflow.

Thanks.

DavidP
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Perhaps something like this?

match names.png

ryotaro999
6 - Meteoroid

Hi,

I checked the workflow and it seems to be what I wanted! I will check it today in my work, I will let you know how it went later 🙂

Thanks!

DavidP
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

You don't actually need the select tools in from of the join tool.

Labels