Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Loop and Sum

bscully1
5 - Atom

New to the forum but I've been unable to create the report that I am looking for. I'll keep searching to see if someone was looking for a similar solution.

I am attempting to gather the cost that each manager and all of their direct reports generate each month. I have been able to enter a manual filter and find all of the lines that include a user (user d is located on 4 lines) but even if i do the sum I need to loop and run the sum/count for each line (thousands of lines, hundreds of maangers)

Users are A,B,C,D,E,F,G (E,F & G report to D, D reports to B, B reports to A, A is the top of the company

This data is in 2 data sources

User

manager

$ per month

Minutes per month

a

a

b

a

b

c

ab

c

d

abc

d

e

abcd

e

f

abcd

f

g

abcd

g

The results based on the above would be that all usage would rollup to A, B would include all users except A etc,....... EFG would only include themself.

User

total $

Total Time

a

b

c

d

e

f

g

2 REPLIES 2
PhilipMannering
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

HI @bscully1 

The following might do what you need...

PhilipMannering_0-1634063383298.png

drew9
9 - Comet

Hi @bscully1 , I have attached a batch macro that should work for you. You should combine the data sources you are using to create this report to feed into the macro, and then take a unique list of the managers/users you are looking for in your report as the control parameter. Let me know if you have questions. Thanks.

Labels