Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Lookup Help

ChrisMcN
7 - Meteor

Hi everyone !

I wonder if anyone could help - I need to manipulate some data between two data tables - in Table #1 one of the columns is "Serial Number" and in table #2 I have "Serial Number" linked to "Customer Code" - I would like to look up the "Serial Number" and return the "Customer Code" in a separate column in my Table #1. 

I tried using the Find Replace functionality but I think that would replace the Serial Number value in my intial table ? Is there a way to do the lookup and populate a different column in my original table ?

Thanks for any help !

Chris

4 REPLIES 4
JosephSerpis
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @ChrisMcN you can use a join tool and it would through the J output return all the values from Table 1 that match Table 2 and output customer code.

RishiK
Alteryx
Alteryx

@ChrisMcN 

You can derive the customer code by using the Append configuration in the Find/Replace tool.

Have a look at the attached sample workflow.

CarlDi
Alteryx
Alteryx

instead of selecting the 'Replace Found Text with Value:' radio button, you can select "Append Field(s) to Record:" - this will prevent it from overwriting the content in your columns.

ChrisMcN
7 - Meteor

Thanks - after a little manipulation that worked ! I really appreciate the help ...

Labels