Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Lookup Help

ChrisMcN
7 - Meteor

Hi everyone !

I wonder if anyone could help - I need to manipulate some data between two data tables - in Table #1 one of the columns is "Serial Number" and in table #2 I have "Serial Number" linked to "Customer Code" - I would like to look up the "Serial Number" and return the "Customer Code" in a separate column in my Table #1. 

I tried using the Find Replace functionality but I think that would replace the Serial Number value in my intial table ? Is there a way to do the lookup and populate a different column in my original table ?

Thanks for any help !

Chris

4 REPLIES 4
JosephSerpis
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @ChrisMcN you can use a join tool and it would through the J output return all the values from Table 1 that match Table 2 and output customer code.

RishiK
Alteryx
Alteryx

@ChrisMcN 

You can derive the customer code by using the Append configuration in the Find/Replace tool.

Have a look at the attached sample workflow.

CarlDi
Alteryx
Alteryx

instead of selecting the 'Replace Found Text with Value:' radio button, you can select "Append Field(s) to Record:" - this will prevent it from overwriting the content in your columns.

ChrisMcN
7 - Meteor

Thanks - after a little manipulation that worked ! I really appreciate the help ...

Labels