Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Looks like there aren't any layers designed yet

tderouin
5 - Atom

Interactive Chart Tool, Alteryx Designer v: 2018.3.4.51585

When clicking on the "Design" tab in the "Configure Chart" tool, I get the message: "Looks like there aren't any layers designed yet"

I have layers in this particular chart. This bug also is present when I open the "Interactive_Chart.yxmd" sample workflow, so it seems to be a Designer bug and not specific to my workflow.

Any suggestions?

Screen Shot 2018-09-18 at 9.10.51 AM.pngScreen Shot 2018-09-18 at 9.10.55 AM.png

5 REPLIES 5
tderouin
5 - Atom

It looks like you have to run the workflow at least once to grab some sample data in order for this to work, which I think is a bug. 

AngelaO
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

You are correct, you need to run the workflow first.

Run the workflow to read the data into the Interactive Chart tool, and then click Configure Chart to open the configuration window. A chart can include one or more layers of data, a title, a legend, notes, and hover text..

Customer Support Engineer
tderouin
5 - Atom

Thank you.

If I can make a recommendation: create a prompt, dialog or error message informing the user they should run the workflow first, because it's not obvious, and a bit confusing.

Thanks again.

AngelaO
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

This is a great idea.  Can you post in our idea center?  https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Ideas/idb-p/product-ideas

Customer Support Engineer
minty
7 - Meteor

What should one do if the same error pops up after they run the workflow? The data is there but it still says that there aren't any layers designed in the chart. 

Labels